Bug Report Multi-Task Bug when Syncing

The Doctor
The Doctor
Community Member
edited July 2010 in iOS
This bug is a bit complicated to explain so it might take a couple times.

1Password for Mac (1P) doesn't always recognize that 1P Touch (1PT) is ready to sync via WiFi.

This is a new problem in 3.5 and, I believe, has to do with how multitasking is implemented.

1P wasn't recognizing my 1PT as ready to sync after I updated to 3.5. I toggled the wifi sync and 1P then saw 1PT, however after I closed 1PT and relaunced a minute or so later, the same problem presented itself.

This was true regardless of whether I had security set to lock upon 1PT close or not. This problem also exists if I manually lock 1PT from the security tab of the iPhone.

If I went to the iOS4 taskbar and manually closed 1PT then upon relaunch 1P and 1PT saw each other and synced. In the end, the only way to get 1P to again see that 1PT was running was to completely unload 1PT from my iPhone's memory via manual close of the taskbar.

In short, I think when multitasking there may need to be some additional trigger set to force recognition of 1PT and PT. This might not be completely straightforward because i assume you wouldn't want this resyncing occuring every time 1PT emerged from a multi task swap, but it should AT LEAST be visible to 1P whenever it is active on the iOS device. I think part of the problem may be how iOS hibernates Apps. It seems that, perhaps, in retaining 1PT's current state, even if locked, 1PT doesn't again connect to 1P when coming out of hibernation.

Thoughts...

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    I think you are right, it appears that 1Password on iPhone does not correctly start/stop the Wi-Fi sync server when its state changes between active and background.

I will look into this tomorrow and will try to include the fix in the next update. We want to have it pushed asap as there are some other bugs that were found in 3.5.
This discussion has been closed.