Question Dropbox - Whoa... which one!?

binaryeric
binaryeric
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I have multiple 1P keychains in my Dropbox folder structure. In the case where a user has multiple keychains with the same master password, which one is chosen? If I have more than one with the same master password,does it open and sync both? am I at risk of them being merged?

I expected to choose which keychain to use... but 1P seemed to make some magical choice for me, which I didn't really want it to do.

Eric

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    It is based on the file currently used by the desktop application.
  • oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    This thread is a bit old, and I understand the answer; however, I have a slightly different situation with multiple keychains in one dropbox account. In my case my wife and I share a common dropbox account for the syncing ability. However, we both have separate 1PW keychains and both are stored on dropbox in separate subfolders. Thus BOTH are "currently in use by the desktop application". How is 1PW for the iPhone, or more specifically for 1PW on my wife's iPad selecting which to use and how can I switch between them if I occasionally use her iPad?

I thought about just accessing my keychain via 1PW Anywhere & Safari on her iPad, but that doesn't work. When I access 1PW Anywhere via the iPad Safari, there is no scrollbar to scroll down to a specific login (I can use the search box) but more importantly, there's no way to selct "reveal" for a password. When I try to copy the password, it copies both the field title and the password.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rick
  • oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    I found the thread which said 1PW won't support more than a single 1PW keychain on a Dropbox account when iOS devices are involved. Hopefully that limitation will be eliminated in a future 1PW release. However, that still does not address the fact that 1PW Anywhere apparently does not work properly with the iPad version of the Safari browser, making it impossible to access your keychain on a borrowed iPad.

Rick
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    oshloel wrote:

I found the thread which said 1PW won't support more than a single 1PW keychain on a Dropbox account when iOS devices are involved. Hopefully that limitation will be eliminated in a future 1PW release. However, that still does not address the fact that 1PW Anywhere apparently does not work properly with the iPad version of the Safari browser, making it impossible to access your keychain on a borrowed iPad.

Rick

It will be nice to see that limitation removed.

It doesnt work on the iPhone either, maybe on your borrowed iPad you could (get permission) to install Skyfire, the last time I checked it would work because it can emulate a desktop browser and not a mobile one.

Sorry I dont have any other things that may brighten up your day. The team doesn't comment on up coming development and such so all I can offer is my past experience with an alternative browser.

This discussion has been closed.