7.4.741-BETA F9 key to open settings stopped working in 1Password mini

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Since one of the recent betas, opening 1Password mini and pressing F9 ( while the app is locked) does nothing. Previously you could open settings and check for updates, which you have to do by going into the menus now.
This is still doable of course, but I'm a keyboard person so I like using shortcut keys.

1Password Version: 7.4.741-BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for reporting this.

I don't think we've ever supported F9 for the 1Password mini, it was restricted to the main window where the settings lived. I just installed 1Password 7.3 stable and in locked and unlocked 1Password mini, F9 didn't work for me. F9 is also not listed next to the Settings option in the notification tray when you right-click on it. I also checked previous 7.4 betas, none of them had F9 working in 1Password mini.

Just to make sure, F9 still works for you in the main window, yes?

I'll see if we can add F9 to the 1Password mini, it does at the moment show that shortcut in 1Password menu of 1Password mini, we might as well fix it.

Note that just opening 1Password menu should trigger the update check by default if it hasn't checked in a while or you can just click the update menu itself to force the update check to start.

ref: dev/windows/opw#4492

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    maybe "Mini" is the wrong wording. I mean this window

Just to make sure, F9 still works for you in the main window, yes?

Yes that does work

• I am almost positive that window is still considered "mini" under the hood, @Manaburner, but I'll double-check with Mike to be totally certain. This is a bit confusing as the unlock window for the main app was its own thing distinct from mini prior to 7.4, but with the new architecture, we're reusing mini's unlock window for the main app instead of the main app having its own separate unlock window, so that's a bit different from what y'all are used to. Mike's proposed solution of adding it to mini should, I think, fix the behavior you're seeing, too.

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

That's the unlock view, it uses the mini window style and yes, that's what I meant in addition to 1Password mini; both doesn't have F9 assigned in that view.

• Hi @Manaburner,

We just shipped 1Password 7.4 beta 4 with changes related to this; we changed it to Control + , and it works in any 1Password window.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    Just installed and it does work. Thank you :)

• Great to hear and you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.