[7.4.741] Vault Icon Weirdness

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just the new version lost the icon associated with one of my vaults. I let it sit for a while (days and days of simple laziness really). Was able to force a new sync by going into the web UI pretending I wanted to edit my icon and then just clicking save.

Just FYI, Otherwise, for me at least, no issues.

1Password Version: 7.4.741
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ipassword cloud

Comments

• Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

Thanks for reporting this. Hmm, that's odd. You did see other custom vault icons, yes?

Was this icon visible in 1Password 7.3 prior to upgrading to 1Password 7.4?

• Yes. I did see others. There are 4 vaults in total. On both my laptop and desktop the first (top) vault used default 1password icon until I kicked the tires.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Ooo let me add.. it happened again. So I upgraded to 747 since it was available to see what if that would fix it. It didn't. going to web ui. Resaving my exsiting icon caused it to finally refresh. Will keep an eye out to see if it happens again again... (lol) same one. the top one in the list of four.

Edit: It seems to be a thing (and easily reproducable). After locking the app I came back and saw that the 1Password icon had replaced my icon for my personal vault (a tiny square showing my icon was there). I went into the web interface, and clicked the icon as if to edit it, clicked save, and it was udpated. This is on 747 now.

Before and after attached.

• @AlwaysSortaCurious, that's curious, I have a lot of accounts with custom icons on the team and personal vault, they're not reset on the lock for me. Not to mention, there is nothing in our code to reset it for any specific reason either.

I'll keep testing to see what it could be.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

If you want some output, let me know.

• @AlwaysSortaCurious, it doesn't hurt to have them. Please email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Send.... just an update. Got a brand new PC at work and... it happened again... Windows 10 and 7.4.748

The report is from the brand new install.

Sent from my work account.

• Thanks, we got the email with the report. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the report to indicate what the issue is.

We're still investigating what this could be and will reply to your email as soon as we have something.

This discussion has been closed.