accessibility of 1Password with JAWS

Hello,
I am a visually impaired user and I use the JAWS for Windows screen reader. I am trying to use 1Password so I can move away from using Chrome's built-in password manager. However I am encountering some accessibility issues with the app and am hesitant to purchase 1Password and fully make the switch.

I first tried installing the 1Password Chrome extension and the Windows app. Pressing control+\ works when there is only 1 login saved for a particular website, but if there are multiple logins, I am placed in a search box. The only thing I can do is to start typing the name of the website, at which point I can access a list of the logins for that site. However, JAWS only reads the name of the website as I arrow through the list, and does not give me an indication of what the username is so I can differentiate between the multiple logins that are presented. Also, when I try to add a new item through the windows app, JAWS reads most of the form fields twice as I am pressing tab. For example, when entering a new credit card, JAWS reads the card type field twice and I am not sure which field I am supposed to use.

I then tried installing the 1PasswordX chrome extension, but the control+\ keyboard shortcut does not seem to work. I also tried pressing down arrow in a login field and JAWS does not read anything.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and please let me know how I can be of assistance.
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• When you have multiple matches for a site, @mikef95, 1Password will offer them all to you. From that search field you're placed in, you can tab once to the first item in the list. When arrowing/tabbing through those multiple matches, JAWS should be reading you the item titles. That tells me that you've probably used the website name as the title. You can add the username to the title if you'd like that read, or you can use a descriptor that helps differentiate your accounts like "Google - Personal" vs. "Google - Work".

As for the new item, I checked with our engineering team and they said they aren't hearing the duplicated announcement for "card type" using Narrator. Would you be able to give that same process a try with Narrator and see if it's double announcing for you as well? We only test with Narrator and NVDA, but in my experience JAWS tends to handle 1Password fairly consistently with those two, so this may be a JAWS-specific issue.

This discussion has been closed.