how to login on a popup login page

Pages such as this one, as well as several others:

http://en.avaaz.org/...right-to-travel

require a login to post a comment. But the login dialogue comes on a separate popup page without any toolbars. Is it possible to use 1Password to login on such a popup login page, and if so, how.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I usually just press Command-L to focus the address bar which also reveals the rest of the toolbar. You can use the Command-\ shortcut to fill a login as long as the 1Password toolbar button is visible in the toolbar. You may need to resize the window to see it.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, Khan, but nope, this does not work.

In Firefox, command-L does bring the address bar, but does NOT show the 1P toolbar button, see png. Same in Safari.

And since the login window url is now Discus rather than Avaaz, clicking the 1P button loses the Discus login window...

So how can I use 1P to login for such windows?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    You didn't say which browser you were using earlier. Resize the window as I mentioned above and you will see the toolbar button in Safari. There is a bug in Firefox which prevents the 1Password button from being in new windows. If you open the login page in a new tab instead of a new window it should be fine. Opening the login page in a new tab will also work in Safari.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Or just click the 1P add-on bar button at the bottom of the window.

Discus_login_in_Firefox_and_Command-L-20121123-125954.png
This discussion has been closed.