TOTP code isn't the same compared to iOS

Options

I realized that one of my logins that has a TOTP code doesn't show me the same code on both plataforms (Windows / iOS). Is that serious? Should I do something?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• @qzmarco first thing to check is time & time zone settings on both devices. TOTP codes are typically valid for 30 seconds.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

The time and time zone settings are OK, both are in America/Sao_Paulo. Besides, I am not having this issue with any TOTP code that I have. I realized this issue on only this one.

• @qzmarco can you tell which TOTP is working correctly - Windows or iOS? If you can, please share which service this is happening on?

Also, can you try to edit item (without saving) in both apps and see if they both have the same code inside? This will help to rule out sync error of some kind.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile the iOS is working correctly. The service itself is a login from Eletronic Arts. I also checked the content of the text field and it is the same on both systems.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile in fact, all my TOTP codes are wrong on Windows! I tried logout and login again and the codes still wrong.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@qzmarco: If you set your time settings on Windows to automatic and reboot your PC, does the issue remain? Thanks! :+1:

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg I did it but the issue continues.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@qzmarco:

If you visit the website https://time.is, does it tell you that the time is correct?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Just curious as to how much difference (if any) one's computer clock can be from the exact time given in your link before there are "problems" with the tokens?

• @qzmarco please update to latest 1Password 7.4 and see if it works better now?

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana @SergeyTheAgile guys I figured out what was happening. My PC wasn't abble to sync its clock, although the hours and minutes was correct, apparently the seconds were not. I managed to synchronize the clock so now everything is all right!

My fault here guys. I am soo sorry about that :(

All the best

Cheers.

• MikeT
    Options

@qzmarco, no need to apologize, we're just happy that you're up and running now!

This discussion has been closed.