Vault Lock Closes Main Application Window

Options

Hi,

Two questions herein--both related to the recent upgrade to version 7.4.750.

1.) Post-update when my 1Password vault locks the main application window closes. Prior to the upgrade the main application window would lock but remain visible in place. This occurs when I initiate the vault lock manually (via lock button) or the vault locks automatically via the “lock after idle” and “lock when computer is locked” configuration options. Is this change in window behavior on vault lock an intended change or could this be some kind of issue in the new release?

1.5) Also (possibly related or not) post-update when I launch 1Password I now get a small “unlock” dialog for my vault instead of unlocking my vault on the main application window. This a somewhat annoying because the small unlock dialog does not seem to remember window size/position properties. It just pops up wherever. The main application window always (including post-update) retains and reproduces its size and position.

On both issues above (items #1 and #1.5) I prefer the behavior of the prior version. Assuming these features are working as intended, I think this is a step backward for the intuitiveness and ease of use of the main application window. The new behavior seems less refined, less fluid.

2.) I have the “automatically install updates” configuration option set to off. I did see the blue message bar at the bottom of the main application window indicating that an update is available but I did not elect to update the application. It seems that I received the application update anyway. I don’t know what I might have done to trigger the update. Was this update auto-applied in some way that disregards the “automatically install updates” setting?

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1803)
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @gbrandel,

Thank you for reaching out! Sorry for the inconvenience.

The changes that you described are related to the security changes that we made in the latest 1Password 7.4 update. Please check this post from Mike in a neighbour thread. We are looking at different ways to improve the current experience, but I do not have anything to share at this point.

As for your second question, it looks like you the update was not installed automatically, but you were notified about it. However, after you clicked that notification banner about the update, 1Password was updated. Does it sound correct? Please let me know.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.