Stopped working since last update

jpbogers
jpbogers
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

Since the last update (I think yesterday) both the Mac app as well as the browser extensions behave abnormally. I get spinning beach balls and no password while entering. I cannot enter a site, I cannot "reveal" a password. The extension does not pop open or only after >20 seconds.... I assume you attracted the coronavirus but please fix this asap. I have sent my maintenance information by separate mail. I'm on the beta (would love to get out but is greyed and non-responsive. Please help asap. All our nerves are tested these days, I cannot use a password manager that is also creating additional problems....

JP Bogers
Belgium

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5.BETA-0 (70500000) 1Passwor
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1p cloud membership

Comments

• jpbogers
    jpbogers
    Community Member

Hi,

Since the last update (I think yesterday) both the Mac app as well as the browser extensions behave abnormally. I get spinning beach balls and no password while entering. I cannot enter a site, I cannot "reveal" a password. The extension does not pop open or only after >20 seconds.... I assume you attracted the coronavirus but please fix this asap. I have sent my maintenance information by separate mail. I'm on the beta (would love to get out but is greyed and non-responsive. Please help asap. All our nerves are tested these days, I cannot use a password manager that is also creating additional problems....

JP Bogers
    Belgium

PS: sorry for the repost. I'm on beta but want to leave asap....

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5.BETA-0 (70500000) 1Passwor
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @jpbogers ,

We are currently looking into this problem. We'll issue a new beta as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting it,
    Kevin

ref: apple-4637

• jpbogers
    jpbogers
    Community Member

Can I please go back to a stable system. This is not workable... If not possible I have to switch to another PW manager. How?

• @jpbogers

1. Quit 1Password completely, including the helper process in the menubar.
    2. Drag the 1Password application to the Trash from inside your Applications folder. * Do not use an app cleaner to remove 1Password. They can become overzealous and remove data. We don't want that happening!
    3. Download and install the stable build from - https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM7
    4. Run the installer.
    5. Disable Include beta builds in 1Password Preferences, if still enabled.
This discussion has been closed.