1Password 6 working in the new Edge Browser

Is it possible to have 1Password working with the new Edge browser on Mac Os?
I've imported the extension but it seems it isn't recognizing my 1Password app.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @ruudvoijen

It is possible, but you'd need 1Password 7 to use 1Password with the new Edge browser:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

Support for Edge on Mac is new (both for us and for Microsoft) so there may be some bumps in the road but generally it does work with 1Password 7, yes. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ruudvoijen
    ruudvoijen
    Community Member

But 1Password 7 has a subscription model right? I don’t want any monthly fees.
    Is the extension code opensource? Maybe I can make this working with the new edge.

• Is the extension code opensource? Maybe I can make this working with the new edge.

1Password for Mac will only allow connections from authorized browsers. Edge for Mac didn't exist at the time 1Password 6 was retired, and as such it doesn't have an authorization for Edge in it.

But 1Password 7 has a subscription model right? I don’t want any monthly fees.

Membership is indeed the way forward. We no longer advertise licenses, but if you wanted to purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac that would still be possible (details are outlined in the link I posted above).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.