License key not accepted in version 4

Options

Installed 1Password7 and purchased standalone - license file accepted.
Installed 1Password 4 on old windows XP machine (won't run version 7), works in trial mode
but won't accept pasted license key.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 1Password 4 was a separate purchase from 1Password 7, @Steve_101, and additionally uses a totally different system of licensing so it wouldn't be expected for 1Password 4 to accept a 1Password 7 license file or key. That said, if you drop us an email to support@1password.com from the address you used to purchase 1Password 7, there may be something we can do for you here.

I do have to mention, though, that Windows XP is wildly insecure. It's been unsupported since 2014 and there have been some fairly massive vulnerabilities in it since then. Microsoft has chosen to patch some of them, but they are under no obligation to do so and the simple fact of its older architecture and lack of any updates unless and until an issue is found leaves it far more susceptible to future issues than more modern versions of Windows. This may well all be stuff you know and you may understand and accept the risks that come with that, but I would absolutely not put my 1Password data on a PC running XP and I'd be remiss if I didn't advise you to avoid it. I'm sure you have your reasons for needing XP or you'd not be using it and that is quite certainly up to you, but if you're able to avoid putting any sort of sensitive data on there, that would unequivocally be the best choice.

This discussion has been closed.