Ignored websites not recognized if 1Password is locked since 7.4 (Windows)

Options

Before the 7.4 update, 1Password recognized websites which are set to "Never autofill" even while locked, not prompting the user to enter their master password when logging in to the website.

Since the 7.4 update, 1Password always asks for the master password on such sites when locked. After entering the password, 1Password is unlocked and nothing happens (as expected, since I assume it then recognizes that this website is set to "Never autofill").
While I can imagine that this was done to prevent a potential security issue, it is still quite annoying to deal with (I have to log in to our company accounts multiple times a day, and 1Password asks me for my master password most of the time).

It would be great if there would be a possibility to get the old (pre-7.4) behavior back :)

Version information:
1Password: 7.4.759 (but started happening with 7.4.750)
Browser: Firefox 68.6.0
Browser extension: 4.7.5.90

1Password Version: 7.4.759
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @jives,

Thanks for writing in.

Just to be sure, you have auto-save feature enabled or disabled?

If you have auto-save enabled, there's no way to work around this because 1Password has to do everything it can to save your data and when locked, there's not enough data to help figure out if the site is already saved or not. 1Password 7.4 has significantly changed how it locks, which is to terminate all processes and start a new one, this means almost everything related to 1Password in memory has been reset.

The other option is to extend the auto-lock timer, so that it doesn't lock as often as needed.

We may still come up with an idea that may work in the future to improve this specific scenario but for now, this won't be changing for a while.

• jives
    jives
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for the quick reply; I thought as much when looking through the release notes.

The auto-save feature is enabled. I'll consider disabling it, but I'll extend the auto-lock timer for now wherever I can (on my laptop and at work I prefer to have quite a short auto-lock timeout, but on my home desktop that's not an issue) and see how that goes.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.