changed password on 3 devices-but input wrong password in 1 device. cannot open. What do I do?

When I try to access some sites I get the follow message "The operation couldn’t be completed. /Users/MICK/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:36:52: execution error: System Events got an error: osascript is not allowed to send keystrokes. (1002". Each time I have to manually copy and paste. Help.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:changed password on 3 devices-but input wrong password in 1 device. cannot open. What do I do?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@wow69den

It sounds like you have an older piece of code from an earlier version of 1Password on your system.

The Autosubmit script needs to be removed to stop the error. To do that please use the following instructions.

1. Quit all browsers.
    • No light on under the browser icon(s) in the Dock
    1. Open and then quit 1Password completely.
    • Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar
    1. Open Finder and select Go to Folder… under the Go menu.

Enter this text (copy & paste; make sure to include the tilde) and press the Return (Enter) key:

~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/

2. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.

• Do not delete any files or folders except the one explicitly mentioned above in step 4.
    1. Empty the trash.

2. Reboot your Mac.

• wow69den
    wow69den
    Community Member

I do not see that file. The only Password script files I see are 1Password-OS X -1Password...mpanion- and 1Password...inghost

• wow69den
    wow69den
    Community Member

Sorry that last message should read 1Password-OS X-1Password-OS X.safarietensioncompanion and the last one is 1Passwordnativemessaginghost

The browser I use normally is Goggle Chrome

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@wow69den

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report, that will give us more insight into your setup. Hopefully that will allow us to see whats causing the problem.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key. About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/

Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. wow69den
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112416/changed-password-on-3-devices-but-input-wrong-password-in-1-device-cannot-open-what-do-i-do#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security. The report will be in zip format, please send the entire file.
This discussion has been closed.