How to install 4.4.3 on mac

Hi,

I am very happy after switching from Lastpass to 1Password on my various devices - Android and iPHones, Windows 7, Mac OS X on my new Macbook Pro. However, in addition I have an older macbook pro (mid-2009) which won't run Mac OS X more recent than 10.11.6.

So...I believe I need to install an older version of 1Password, namely 4.4.3. I downloaded the app and installed it, but now I don't know how to configure / run it.

It looks like it want a License File. How can I get one of those?

Thanks,

Mark

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:install 4.4.3 on mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MarkLaff! Welcome to the forum!

Version 4.4.3 is very very old now, and it does not support a lot of the features that we introduced in the last few years. Is there any way you could try updating the macOS version on this MacBook Pro?

• MarkLaff
    MarkLaff
    Community Member

I have tried but the more recent versions of mac os will not install on my hardware.

Mark

• I understand; thanks for the additional information. 1Password 4 was discontinued in 2014, and as such we no longer have licenses available for it. In this case newer hardware that is capable of running a modern operating system would be the only recourse I could suggest. I realize these devices are expensive and we're not financial consultants, but from a security perspective being stuck with an OS that is a number of major versions out of date, especially on an internet connected device, is far less than ideal. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

I apologize I don't have the answer you may have been hoping for but I hope the information addresses your question. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.