Apple Watch to unlock MasterPassword?

13»

Comments

• Do we have to be on the beta for this to work? Just purchased a 2020 iMac with the T2 chip.

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@riteshp83,

Correct, 7.7 is the version that adds this feature and it is currently in beta.

• @rudy do we have an ETA of when this will come to an official release?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @riteshp83

We don't pre-announce release dates I'm afraid. "Soon." :) You're welcome to try the beta if you'd like to give it a try, though I would caution that betas can have sharp edges and not everything in a beta is guaranteed to make the final release:

Use 1Password beta releases

Ben

• @Ben Thanks for following up. I completely understand, is there any chance of data loss with the beta? If not I am ok working with beta releases but not if there is a chance of data loss.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@riteshp83

Betas are generally low risk. This particular one has been out since September 2 with no reports of data loss.

Ben

• Just to confirm, this feature requires a Mac with a T2 chip or a Mac with either a T1 or T2 chip?

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@mr_beign,

Mac with a T1 or T2 chip, running Catalina (macOS 10.15) or later
    Apple Watch running WatchOS 6 or later.

• SamplexSamplex
    edited September 30

I use my Macbook with lid closed on 2 external monitors and when i use 1password touch ID is not available and have to fill in my master password all the time. Finally, an awesome feature that is handy for my needs, unlocking 1password with my Apple Watch is so easy now without typing my master password all the time!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for sharing this with us @Samplex, we are very happy to hear this :)

• Is v 7.7 now final? I seem to be running that on my iPhone.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@rsx1:

Version 7.7 is the stable one on iOS, yes, but version 7.7 is still in beta on Mac (the latest stable of 1Password for Mac is 7.6) :+1:

• Running the beta on macOS and this feature is great (although sometimes a bit buggy as is to be expected in a beta). Just wondering if there is something specific to the implementation that only allows this to work with either the actual 1Pass desktop app or in Safari (but not with the Chrome extension, for example). Or is this something that is also on the horizon?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey @alexanderworldwide

This works with the 1Password extension (desktop app required) Chrome extension, but not currently with 1Password X. We may be able to do something regarding the latter in the future, but for the present using the former would be the way to unlock 1Password in Chrome using Apple Watch. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file