I am having some confusing issues syncing between mac and PC.

Options

I did a bunch of password maintenance on my PC version of 1 password. Getting rid of vulnerable or flagged passwords. Deleting outdated entries, etc.

It looks like on my PC, all of this cleanup was on my "personal" account and not my "primary" account. It appears that "primary" syncs with icloud and "personal" syncs with 1password.

I am seeing the new passwords appear on my other devices (iphoneXS and macbook pro). But its very confusing to have two vaults that sync to two different places. It appears that only my apple devices can sync to icloud and those use the "primary" vault.

I would like personal to be my only vault and I would like all devices to use that vault with a matching password. How do I set that up?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: icloud/ipassword?
Referrer: forum-search:want to sync between pc mac and ios devices

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @recognizer77! Welcome to the forum!

But its very confusing to have two vaults that sync to two different places. It appears that only my apple devices can sync to icloud and those use the "primary" vault.

That is correct. And this is why we recommend only using the Personal vault if you have a 1Password Membership, so you avoid duplication of data.

If you are syncing data via 1Password.com, you can remove the Primary vault from all your devices. You can find the instructions to do that on this page.

• recognizer77
    recognizer77
    Community Member
    Options

ok, will do. Thanks!

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.