I can't log into the client for windows

I can't log into the client for windows, my master password always fails in the app for windows

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• das6641
    das6641
    Community Member

I am having this issue also. I have the 7.4.758 release. I installed, and per instructions logged into 1 password via browser, under user name - get app- - chose add account directly... but Master pw doesn't work. have un-installed and re-installed several times, no luck. I have a family subscription and have used 1password thru my former employer for over 2 yrs no issues and feel comfortable with it. not sure why the desktop app won't open. Note. I didn't get an opty to input my account details, so assume it was fed that data from my browser session. How can I check it is accurate? since won't accept master pw, I cant't go any further and am stuck in a loop. thank you,

• Are you able to sign in to 1Password.com in your browser, @viniribeirossa? What about other 1Password apps – any of those working okay?

For you, @das6641, it sounds like you're seeing the lock screen asking just for your Master Password, is that correct? No prefilled form with your other account details? If so, it sounds like your app may already have an old account signed in so it's looking for a different Master Password. Absolutely check in your browser to make sure that all of your data is there first because this will remove any data that's only stored locally. If all is well in your browser, follow these steps to reset 1Password and sign in exactly as you have been trying to do:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?windows

After following these steps you should see the info that's being fed in. Technically, you're right that it's sending that info from the web app, but it wants a sign in form as the destination for those details so if 1Password is already set up with another account and locked, it can't do its job. That reset should sort it out. :+1:

• viniribeirossa
    viniribeirossa
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Yes, but client for windows

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@viniribeirossa: Am I right to understand that you can sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser, but not in 1Password 7 for Windows? Please confirm.

Thanks!

• viniribeirossa
    viniribeirossa
    Community Member

Yes

• In that case, and assuming you see all of your data on 1Password.com, @viniribeirossa, then the same steps I suggested above should work for you as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.