Sync errors on Windows

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync Errors on Windows.

Comments

• The things that end up in sync errors, @lisainIL, aren't simple failed syncs so it gets a bit fussy. Things that just failed to sync will end up in offline changes and naturally get retried (and likely fixed) over time without you doing a thing either next time the app needs to sync, after about an hour, or the next time you lock/unlock the app. Items in sync errors, though, are items that the server rejected for some reason and there's a good chance that any further changes will be rejected too. We need to figure out why they're getting rejected and address that underlying issue to fix it. Trying to just get rid of them comes with some significant risk of future trouble because the server absolutely won't be on the same page as your app afterwards and might sync the version of those items it has right back to your app. Or, it may do nothing at all because your app tries to tell the server to delete the item remotely, but the server will have the same beef with that change as the original so you're back where you started. Offline changes don't necessarily need our help, but with a genuine sync error the best thing to do is always to let us know so we can take a look.

Now, we're not digging into these a ton in this thread because we're aware of an issue with items created a long while back getting their item versions out of sync with the server. Our investigation has shown this was an issue with an old version of 1Password that managed to fly under the radar and all indications are that it's actually fixed in the latest which is why we're suddenly seeing it pop up. When this is the problem, editing the item on 1Password.com and saving it should resolve the sync error without that risk of future troubles so it's the best thing to try out of the gate.

Now, obviously you're seeing some different behavior when trying that fix so yours is worthy of a bit more investigation. It could be the exact same problem and the fix just isn't doing the trick when the change you've made is specifically deleting an item. That is a bit different than a normal edit. Or, it could be something else entirely. Either way, best to take a peek under the hood. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Include a link to this thread in the body of the email, if you could, because I'm about to scoot for the day, so chances are someone from our weekend team is going to find your message and be the one to start digging in and I want them to have the context here.

Also, just in case, I want to beg for your patience if we're not able to get back to you until Monday. The first step here is going to be to take a look at why the server rejected the items in question. That requires us to look at server logs which means we'll need a hand from that development team and most of them do not work weekends. The folks in support may be able to snag one of them for a quick peek, but it's more likely we won't be able to get them to look until they're back in the "office" next week. So, if you don't hear from us right away, we're not ignoring you – we just need a hand from some folks who aren't as easily available on weekends so if you hang tight, we'll be in touch as soon as we can. :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lisainIL:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EAH-55373-164

This discussion has been closed.