1password companion app does not open anymore in any browser

Options

Hello, the companion app does not open anymore so I cannot use 1password directly in my browsers. This goes for Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It happened on the same time in the 3 browsers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jean_Lhoest!

What version of the 1Password extension are you using in each browser? And what version of the 1Password for Windows desktop have do you currently have installed?

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

Extension Version4.7.5.90 (in each browser)
    Desktop app: Version 7.4.767

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Jean_Lhoest:

Thank you for the confirmation. Instead of clicking on the browser extension to fill your information, are you able to do it by using the Ctrl + backslash (\) keyboard shortcut instead?

Also, is the 1Password desktop app running when this happens?

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

Well for some reason it seems to work now again. 1Password desktop app is not running now.
    When it was not working, I tried if opening 1Password desktop app would resolve the problem but it did not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Jean_Lhoest. I am glad to hear that things are working again for you :) Please let us know if you notice this again and we will be happy to investigate further.

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. What I encounter now is that I have to restart the Edge Chromium extension. I thought this was no longer necessary when using the companion app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jean_Lhoest:

How are you restarting the browser extension exactly? What steps are you following to do that?

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member
    Options

When I close down my browser and restart a new browser session, I click on the 1Password extension logo in the top bar of the browser. Previously, nothing happened (that was why I've created this topic), than suddenly it worked again but seems like after a while you still have to reconnect?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jean_Lhoest:

This should not be necessary. If you see this consistently, the next time this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.