Desktop Integration Broke After Upgrade

Options
sralbers
sralbers
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

My Mac updated the desktop application to the latest beta today and now my desktop integration with my Chrome extension beta is broken. I've tried force quitting both as well as restarting. After restarting and launching Chrome the first time and going to the extension settings there was a prompt asking about launching some API program. I hit cancel on it too quickly before catching the specific details (I know, I know). Any thoughts? Next step is a uninstall of the extension.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 1.20.0 Chrome X Beta
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020
    Options

@sralbers

Be sure to update the Mac app, your information above says you are using 1Password or Mac version 7.5. To return to using Desktop App Integration, you will need to once again return to using the Mac betas, specifically 7.5.1 beta 0.

• sralbers
    sralbers
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. That's odd. I'm thought I was using the Mac beta version before.. Everything was working fine today before the Mac app updated... Downloaded and installed 7.5.1.BETA-0 and Desktop App Integration is working again. I'm curious which version I was on before!

• rudy
    Options

@sralbers,

Most likely your path went 7.5 Beta -> 7.5 Release which is where you became disconnected from 1Password X as Desktop App Integration is a beta-only feature at this time. Once you installed the 1Password for Mac Beta you were back on a version that supported the 1Password X extension again.

This discussion has been closed.