Constant Asking for Master Password

AJAJ
AJAJ
Community Member

I've about had it with 1Password. Much of the time it does not autofill where it should. But my major complaint is that it constantly asks for the master password -- even when the setting "Automaticaly lock 1Password" is disabled.

Why does this happen? Over and over and over.

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: 1191
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: unknown

Comments

• Hey there @AJAJ 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're having a few issues with 1Password X's AutoLock, as well as AutoFilling within your browser.

With the AutoLock, can you let me know what steps you're taking when 1Password X locks even after disabling AutoLock?

Take in mind that while disabling AutoLock does get rid of the timer in which 1Password X will lock when idle, it doesn't stop 1Password X from locking when you close your browser and re-open it.

As for the AutoFilling portion, are there any specific websites you're experiencing issues with? We'd love to take a look at it ourselves if there's an issue somewhere. 😄

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member

Hi Blake,

The constant request for master password happens even when the browser remains open. I don't see a pattern. But this is extremely annoying. The autofill failures happen about 50% of the time. An example: I tried to login to my account on easeus.com but the autofill does not fill. When I click on the 1Password icon, it shows me the login data. When I click on the AUTOFILL button, nothing happens -- no filling occurs. This also happened just now when I logged in to paypal.com

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AJAJ:

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• OptiqueMarquis
    OptiqueMarquis
    Community Member

hi guys!

came back to test 1password after many years and whilst ive seen you've been busy improving in a lot of areas but this is a major turnoff for me as well.

can not justify spending 3x more the amount on your product to experience these frustrations. your browser extension needs a lot of work.

its not fun to type in 30 character passwords all the time to keep it running. i suggest finding a way to be able to unlock it with biometrics or to connect it with the main app.

also, details are important. the extension icon for microsoft edge is low quality and looks like a cheap jpeg.

and the automatic copy of TOTPs doesnt always work. case in question: binance.com.

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member

Here is the ticket number. Thank you for taking an interest.

[#UJC-44793-191]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AJAJ:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UJC-44793-191

• chrismohnacky
    chrismohnacky
    Community Member

This is my issue also, exactly.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@chrismohnacky: I have replied to your post here and sent an email to you as well. Let's continue our convo there.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.