Question Dropbox and multiple-device setup

agilefan1587agilefan1587 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I'm excited that 1Password for iPhone now supports Dropbox syncing. Before trying to use it, I have a few questions. For context, I currently use 1Password on my Mac and iPhone. I have the latest version of both. I already save my keychain using Dropbox, but it may not be in the exact location it needs to be for syncing.

1) Is there a specific top-level Dropbox folder name or path that the keychain must be in for the iPhone app to find it?

2) Do I need to turn off wi-fi syncing on my iPhone?

3) Do I need to do anything to avoid ending up with duplicate entries or losing entries after the 1st dropbox sync?

4) I also have an iPod Touch. Can I have all of my devices sync to the same Dropbox keychain?

Randy

Comments

• dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to the forums Randy!

I'm excited that 1Password for iPhone now supports Dropbox syncing.

Me too! :)

Before trying to use it, I have a few questions.

I tried to answer these types of questions in the Dropbox Syncing Announcement but I think I better add a few of your questions below to it as well. Please do note the Known Issues; if you fall into one of those categories you may want to wait until the next update after we've had time to fix them.

1) Is there a specific top-level Dropbox folder name or path that the keychain must be in for the iPhone app to find it?

No. All you need to do is start the latest version of 1Password on your Desktop and it will write out a "pointer" file to tell the iOS devices where to find the data file.

2) Do I need to turn off wi-fi syncing on my iPhone?

Yes, but 1Password will automatically disable that for you when you enable Dropbox syncing.

3) Do I need to do anything to avoid ending up with duplicate entries or losing entries after the 1st dropbox sync?

You shouldn't need to do anything.

However, we currently have a problem that affects users outside North America. We are working to get it resolved as soon as possible.

4) I also have an iPod Touch. Can I have all of my devices sync to the same Dropbox keychain?

Absolutely!! Add as many devices as you want :)

Thanks for the questions; I'll update the announcement thread accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.