How can I see past item history and restore?

in 1Password 7

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 backup

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @mf4j!

You can use the item history feature for this:

View and restore previous versions of items

• mf4jmf4j

I can't find "item history" nor "view item history"

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@mf4j,

These options are available through the 1Password.com web app. Is that where you're looking?

Ben

• mf4jmf4j

Ben, thanks. I was looking on my app. Got it now.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Gotcha! Sorry, at the moment these options aren't in the desktop / mobile apps - just the web UI. Hopefully in the future we can bring those functions to the apps as well. Glad to hear it ultimately worked out.

Ben

• I am trying to locate the item history but don't understand your reference to 1Password.com web app. I am using a 1Password vault as a chrome extension on my mini mac running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1. I have also tried going directly to 1password.com, logged in, selected the item whose history I want, but still see the item history option. Please help.

• Another questions: How do I find the last used date for a login? Thanks.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @bevberlin

I'm sorry for any confusion caused. It sounds like you did the right thing. Item history is only available through 1Password.com, and not in the 1Password desktop or mobile apps (e.g. 1Password for Mac). If an item has history, it'll have a "view item history" button on it. If there isn't any history saved, there won't be a button. It sounds like the item you selected may not have any history saved.

For example, the first screenshot shows an item that has history, while the second screenshot shows one that does not:

(has history)

(does not have history)

In short: the button will on be there if there is something to show.

Another questions: How do I find the last used date for a login? Thanks.

1Password for Mac has the ability to sort your items by the last used date. Below the search box there is a sort selector. If you change that to sort by last used you can see those dates.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• @Ben Can I suggest that https://support.1password.com/item-history/ is updated to reflect the availability in the webapp only?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@danielharvey:

Thank you for the suggestion :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file