Fill all lines in a website

ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited July 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi
How can I fill all 3 lines automatically ?
Today I can Fill only the 2 second lines - the FIRST line doesn't filled even when making a new 1P Login.
It's in Hebrew language so I'm adding the website address.

First line : ID Number
Second line: username
Third line : Password

Thanks
https://ps.btl.gov.il/#/login

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @ronen!

I managed to reproduce this issue, so I will let the developers know, and we will see if there is anything we can do here :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#1988

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

This is the Israeli Social Security website. In these Corona days I'm visiting this website daily to see if the government send me Money as I'm not working. ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @ronen! I have opened the internal issue for the developers to look at :+1:

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks.
    Take your time. I have Plenty. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronen:

I wanted to send you a quick update on this: one of our developers worked on this and added a fix that should hopefully allow 1Password to fill all three fields on that website automatically. The change should be available in one of the next updates ;)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi. Thanks very much indeed.
    Ps. Based on the good news, can I send another website to check ?
    This is my Bank Website, In the past I’ve sent you to find a solution but you’ve replied that it’s impossible. ( In my iMac safari i need to manually fill each line BUT in my iOS iPad it’s ok ) i am using the same 1Password (iCloud account)
    Maybe the bank website issue can be solve ..
    But it’s up to you. As I can still use the 1PASSWORD manually
    Thanks
    Ronen.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronen:

Absolutely, what is the website URL of the bank?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks in advance.

https://hb.unionbank.co.il/E/Login.html

Just to emphasize: In my iPad its OK , Only issue with the macOS 1Paswword version. the 2 1Password on the same account iCloud syncing.

Maybe this link can help.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/33058/login-issue-maybe-you-can-find-a-solution#latest

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@ronen:

I have tested this website, and I was able to get 1Password to fill both fields successfully, in two browsers. I created a login manually in the browser to make this work:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Have you tried saving the login that way? If it worked for me, I am hopeful it will work for you too.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

thanks but no go
    pls see 2 webpages after filling NEW LOGIN each new webpage after trying to use the new login.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

The new login

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronen:

It seems like we are looking at two different things: because I don't have an account with that bank, I could only test filling credentials on the website. That worked for me. Is 1Password also able to fill both fields for you? It looks like what you are seeing is coming after the login phase.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Probably.
    But as Ive said - in an iOS 1p version I don't see any issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronen:

Thank you for the confirmation. I originally thought that you had issues simply filling on that website, but it looks like this goes deeper. Looking at the previous discussion you had with my colleagues, it really seems like there is nothing 1Password can do if that website makes changes to the data you enter:

Have you considered reaching out to the bank to share your experience with them? I imagine there are several users with password managers encountering these issues on that website, so perhaps if they start hearing from their customers, they might reconsider their implementation.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Well. I am working in this bank , In addition to banking I talked to the tech team. they say that every time you fill a username or a password , there is something like "refresh" that consider to be more security feature (It's a Bank ... ) So to enter the secure website you need to fill one line and then the other AFTER - meaning - not the two lines together ( if I'm not mistaken ) .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronen:

I am not a developer, so I cannot comment on why things work like this, but since two of our developers looked at this website and reached that conclusion, I trust their judgement :) As far as the security aspect, I am not sure I understand how refreshing improves security here (all I can say is that every other bank website I used does not do this, and works with 1Password, and I assume they are still safe despite this), but I encourage you to let your tech team reach out to our security team at support+security@1password.com, and I am sure they will be happy to help here and give some suggestions.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks for your help !!!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ronen

We're glad to try and help wherever we can, but sometimes websites go above and beyond to prevent autofilling as they think it is safer for users (which is wrong).
    I tested the bank's website and saw the same things the other developers wrote on the other discussion you had with them previously - the password field is being modified as you type in it, so your password is not actually being inputted as it is.

The only way I was able to autofill the actual password I wanted to, is by saving a new login manually, then editing that login in 1Password and changing the password to my actual password. That way, 1Password indeed autofilled what I wanted. The question is - is that what the website actually wants? Since I don't have an account with that bank I am unable to test it, so feel free to do so (just make sure not to try it more than once or twice so you won't get locked out).

Other than that, you are also more than welcome to show them this: https://blog.1password.com/an-open-letter-to-banks/
    Perhaps they'll decide to investigate better security standards and why autofilling enhances their users security :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi.
    Thanks for your post.
    Didn't understand : " then editing that login in 1Password and changing the password to my actual password "
    If I'm making a new Login with username and password , Why do I need to repeat the same password at the same login ?
    please advise so I can help ...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

If you're making a new login inside the 1Password app, then no need to edit it once more.
    What I meant was that if you save a new login on that website, you will need to edit the password field.

For example:
    1. Go to the website's login page.
    2. Save a new login as Ana instructed earlier using these steps: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    3. You will now have a login for that website where the password is not your actual password. You can open the 1Password app and edit that login to see what I mean. Your password will be totally random and not at all what you saved on the page.
    4. Input your actual password while in Edit mode and click on "Save".

However, all of that is not necessary if you've already created a new login manually and entered your password directly into the 1Password app.
    If that didn't work then I guess we've indeed hit a wall :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

What I did is to open the bank website, fill manually both real username and password and before hit Enter, saved it as a new login.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@ronen In that case, you'll need to open the 1Password app, find the login of that website and click on "Edit", then edit the password field and replace whatever is in there with your actual password.
    Try autofilling after you've fixed the password field and see if it works.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

No go.
    Sorry
    I will manually fill the website details .
    Thank you .

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for trying, @ronen .
    I do hope they'll change that login page in the future :chuffed:

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Hi.
    In some login websites I need to only use 1Password Mini.
    When pressing to open 1P Mini , It's open and I need to ...
    1. Copy Username from mini's new pop up window
    2. pasta that username in the website
    3. Return to 1P mini
    4. Copy Password
    4.Pasta that password.

My question is , If I open 1P Mini and copy Login or password details Why it can't Automatically fill the website ? instead of these action that I need to do.
    Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store
    Extension Version: 1Password 7.7
    OS Version: macOS BigSur
    Sync Type: iCloud

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen!

What happens if you click on the Fill button on that website (or use the Cmd+\ keyboard shortcut), instead of copying and pasting username and password separately?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Hi.
    Thanks for your immediate reply .
    This Bank website use some kind of security procedure that 1Password Software can't overcome ...
    There was a long forum discussion about it and you can't overcome on automatically fill the logins details.
    of course I don't have any complaints or any problem with 1password. I really like and LOVE it But on daily basis I am in this website manually fill the login details.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ronen:

Can you please link us to that discussion, so we can see what has been said so far? A link to this website would also be useful, so we can make sure we test it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.