Bitwarden -> 1Password using mrc-converter-suite, "Imported 0 items."

Reysic
Reysic
Community Member
edited July 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password for Windows 7.6.778
Bitwarden Firefox extension 1.45.0

@MrC -- running into an issue when importing into 1Password for Windows after generating a 1PIF from my Bitwarden JSON export, after selecting the 1PIF 1Password displays a popup with "Imported 0 Items."

Output from convert.pl:

Imported 530 items
Exported 37 note items
Exported 1 creditcard item
Exported 492 login items
Exported 530 total items
You may now import the file ..\1P_import.1pif into 1Password

Looking at 1Password's logs I see of bunch of:

ERR opw_export::opif:1172 > Error("missing field createdAt", line: 1, column: 773)

Followed by:

ERR opw_app::api:1915 > could not import items: opw-export\src\opif.rs:1180 nothing to import

items array in Bitwarden JSON has objects of the following form:

{
"id": "someGUID",
"organizationId": null,
"folderId": null,
"type": 1,
"name": "Some Website",
"notes": null,
"favorite": false,
"login": {
"uris": [
{
"match": null,
"uri": "https://www.somewebsite.com/"
}
],
"username": "username@domain.com",
"password": "somePassword",
"totp": null
},
"collectionIds": null
}

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide that would be helpful. Thanks! :)

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Reysic,

This appears to be a bug with 1Password 7.6.778. I just tested a conversion using the previous release and it worked fine. Then updated to .778 and the 1PIF import now fails.

Here's a simple 1PIF that shows the new failure that you see. Maybe @MikeT or @ag_ana can investigate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Reysic and @MrC:

Thank you for reporting and testing this! I will download the test 1PIF file and see if I can reproduce this :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@Reysic, @MrC:

I confirm that I see the same behavior in my 1Password for Windows app. I will open an internal discussion so our developers can look into this :+1:

ref: dev/windows/opw#4884

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Bookmarking thread for future notifications.

• While we try to let y'all know in threads when these fixes are out the door, @williakz, we're not always perfect about that, so rather than following along here taking a quick peek at the release notes tends to be more reliable than us humans. This will be noted as OPW-4884 so if you see that pop up in the release notes, even if we've not said anything here, that means it should be fixed. :+1:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Thanks, @bundtkate. Being the (over)cautious type, I'll do both.

• Hey, you'll get no argument from me, @williakz. I was raised by a German, so even my backup plans have backup plans. I'm right there with ya. :wink:

• Hi guys,

We've fixed this for the upcoming update.

@MrC, the issue is that the 1PIF file didn't have the createdAt/updatedAt values, so it was marked as invalid. We've fixed/restored it by inserting the current time of the import process.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2020

@MikeT

Can the 1PIF import not take into account the values set in the createdAt/updatedAt values? The converter has always set these values so that they can reflect the values in the source password manager. Many users asked for this feature, and its been in the converter suite, and worked this way, for many years now.

• bundtkate
    edited July 2020

My understanding is that they were entirely missing from the sample 1PIF, @MrC, and we've only made a change to add the current date/time if (and only if) those values are missing. I'll be sure to confirm with Mike tomorrow, but let me know if you're seeing different too and I can be sure to share that with him in our discussion.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@bundtkate / @MikeT

Oh, I see now. Sorry for the misread / panic. I should know better than to reply before the first cup of coffee is down the hatch.

• Not to worry, @MrC. I'm pretty much the same way with coffee and that's not even accounting for those days that require an extra cup or two. It sounds like we should be all good, given your comment, but if things release and you're still seeing trouble, you know we're always happy to hear from you. :chuffed:

• ghanses
    ghanses
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

What is the recommended workaround here? I'm coming from Enpass and followed the 1PIF conversion procedure. Now I'm facing exactly this "Imported 0 items." issue.

Update: I uninstalled version 7.6.778, downgraded to version 7.4.767 and then successfully imported the 1PIF. Finally, I upgraded back to latest version 7.6.778.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ghanses,

Thank you for the update! We are glad to hear you were able to import your data using 7.4.767.

We are looking forward to releasing the fix to everyone in our next update. Let us know if you have other questions, we are always ready to help. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2020

FYI: A fix for this issue is available in 1Password 7.6.779 Beta.

@ghanses

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for updating the discussion with this @MrC :+1:

This discussion has been closed.