Windows Hello prompt never shows up, even after first unlock with master password

Hi folks,

I have a built-in fingerprint reader and use it to log in to Windows every day. On 1Password however, even after following the instructions and consulting the forum and reddit, the prompt does not show up. I have restarted and reinstalled 1Password and unlocked it with my master password, but if I lock it again or let it time out, I still don't see a prompt. Any ideas on how to fix this? :chuffed:

Josh

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10 x64, version 2004
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Windows Hello

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dulfrg,

It looks like you have 1Password X in your browser, is it correct?

The thing is that 1Password X works entirely in the browser, so it doesn't work with Windows Hello, which is supported in 1Password 7 for Windows.

If you want to use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password extension in the browser, please remove 1Password X and install our companion extension instead.

Let me know if it works as expected. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• dulfrg
    dulfrg
    Community Member

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick reply! Actually, I was referring to the windows app, not the browser extension.

Josh

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dulfrg,

Ah, thank you for the clarification. If Windows Hello works on your computer, but it doesn't work in 1Password, it is quite strange. The thing is that we do not have any control over Windows Hello and there are no options that we can change inside our app. Do you happen to turn your computer off or close 1Password completely between your sessions?

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• dulfrg
    dulfrg
    Community Member

Thank you, Greg! My mistake – I closed the app instead of locking it. If I unlock it again, Windows Hello pops up without any issues. I'll make sure to use the lock shortcut from now on :)

Josh

• I'm glad Greg was able to help, @dulfrg! Enjoy and if we can do anything else to lend a hand, just let us know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.