how does 1Password work on a hotel's PC

Options

I am evaluating buying 1Password and want to know how it would work when traveling and I need to use a PC at a hotel or elsewhere that is not my own. I don't have dropbox or an apple phone that were solutions I saw in other posts.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how does 1Password work on a hotel's PC

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @silverfoxfoster

We would not recommend accessing any of your accounts, but especially not your 1Password account, on a device you do not own. There is no telling what might happen with the information you enter on such a computer. You'll have no way of knowing if your credentials or any other information you access from such a device are recorded. This is true regardless of which or even if you use a password manager. Accessing any sort of sensitive or private data from a device you don't control is generally considered unwise.

If you absolutely have to do this for some reason I'd suggest not accessing 1Password on the untrusted device, but rather looking up your credentials on your own device. Again, you can do this even without internet access. Then as soon as humanly possible, once you get back to a trusted device with internet, you'll want to change the passwords for any accounts you accessed from the untrusted device. Be aware though that the damage may already be done.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.