"Unlock 1Password" Popup Non-Responsive

HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

As seen in the attached screenshot, clicking "Unlock 1Password" had no effect. The website was: https://www.eastwestbank.com loaded in Safari Release 110 (Safari 14.0, WebKit 15610.1.21.0.2).

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-1 (70700001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6 (19G73)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HFTobeason!

The 1Password popup is responsive for me on that website, so I don't think this is caused by the specific website. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Well, when I did as you suggested, it worked. Go figure. I suppose it is possible that the ["1Password 7" is trying to unlock] TouchID dialog window was being obscured somehow, and thus clicking "Unlock 1Password" would have seemed to do nothing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

I am glad to hear that my suggestion worked :) That is possible, but certainly feel free to let us know if you see this again :+1:

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

It's back... Fresh launch of SafariTP, opened website, clicked in username field, 1P popped up, clicked a number of times on "Unlock 1Password" to no effect. Screenmovie here: https://app.box.com/s/sq0vp7tzwo3xrzstj9us7ga3b0namutn

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

Thank you for the update! I noticed only now that you are using Safari Technology Preview, I missed it originally in your first post. Are you perhaps using Catalina? If yes, I think that's why this is happening.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Well, 1P is working, for the most part, in STP under Catalina...for me, anyway. The only issue I've seen is this odd refusal to "Unlock 1Password". Otherwise I am LOVING the new popup fill method.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

Indeed, we have seen cases where certain features work for some users, but not for others. None of this is apparently happening in the Big Sur beta, so if everything goes well, things should get back to normal in the next macOS update ;)

Out of curiosity, does this happen in regular Safari?

Otherwise I am LOVING the new popup fill method.

Thank you for the kind words! This is great to hear :)

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Mostly fine here as well. I did have one incident where 1P extension provided an non-functional Go button for the connected site. I did a complete shutdown and restart to force initial conditions reset.
    Now, once, selecting a login object (for the currently displayed STP tab) the result was the login page for the previously displayed site. I tried to open a different login while working on this page -- I got a copy of this exact page
    The new UI popup over the login fields was a bit jarring at first, but I am getting used to it and working on my muscle memory. I think I like it.

STP Release 110 (Safari 14.0, WebKit 15610.1.21.0.2)
    1Password 7
    Version 7.7.BETA-1 (70700001)
    1Password Beta
    macOS Version 10.15.6 (19G73)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@xz4gb8:

Now, once, selecting a login object (for the currently displayed STP tab) the result was the login page for the previously displayed site. I tried to open a different login while working on this page -- I got a copy of this exact page

This is something I have reported earlier today, I have managed to reproduce this :+1:

The new UI popup over the login fields was a bit jarring at first, but I am getting used to it and working on my muscle memory. I think I like it.

That's great to hear :)

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

@ag_ana:

I don't know about "regular" Safari - I never use it. How is the Big Sur beta? I'm mulling installing it...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

I have not tried it yet, I prefer stable macOS releases :)

This discussion has been closed.