Since Firefox update 79.02 1password does not fill in browser

nargit
nargit
Community Member

Hello,

I have been using 1password for few years now with my family and since the new firefox version on android, the feature filling in a browser does not work any more. :'(.

My 1password version: 7.6.2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7
Firefox: 79.02

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

And here are the only issue I found on firefox side https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=1password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nargit! Welcome to the forum!

Is this happening just with Firefox on this device? Are other browsers working?

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Working on chrome 84.0.4147.111
    And also tried on the native Samsung browser.

• Hi @nargit. Please try this:
    1. Launch and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    3. Turn Autofill off and back on.

Let us know if that helps!

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Nope, still no auto fill :'(

• Thanks, @nargit. You mentioned that you're using Firefox 79.0.2, but the latest version available on Android is 68.11.0. It looks like the latest beta version is 80.0.0-beta.6. Can you clarify which version of Firefox you're using, and whether you're on a beta or nightly version?

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Using the web browser on my windows 10 I also see that the latest stable version is 68.11.0 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox, but when accessing the google play application from my mobile, I see 79.0.3.
    I did the test again and the 79.0.3 did not fix the issue.

I also opened a ticket in firefox documentation github in order to clarify this version confusion. https://github.com/mdn/sprints/issues/3603

• @nargit I'm seeing 68.11.0 in the Play Store on Android as well, and this is also the version I have installed on Android, which makes me curious as to your version.

This is the stable build I'm looking at on Android, as available in the US at the moment. Could you show me what you're seeing?

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

All the details are in the github ticket with screenshots. And this is my version https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/FwVjEDHL0NbHZJkMc7KcWgFEZ14QUOFD/Screenshot_20200813-070132_Google Play Store.jpg

• Thanks @nargit. I wonder if it's a different version due to your location, as I'm not seeing this version number in the stable build, beta, or Nightly. Could you let me know what versions of the Firefox Beta and Nightly are available to you?

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Hello @peri sorry for the delay.

Firefox 79.0.3 -> update date 10 august 2020
    Firefox Bet: 80.0.0-beta.6 -> update date 11 august 2020
    Nightly 200816 06:01 -> update date 15 august 2020
    Firefox Focus 8.5.1 -> update date 10 july 2020

• @nargit Thanks for checking and sorry for the hassle. On my end, I've looked into it a bit. It looks like Mozilla have updated their app and released a whole new version, which they're slowly rolling out throughout the month. I believe this is why you have the update but I'm not seeing it. I believe this may also be the reason you're having trouble with filling into Firefox at the moment.

I'll report this to our developers so they can investigate. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1261

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Thx !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of peri, you are welcome @nargit! Thank you for taking the time to report this to us :)

• @nargit, I'm not seeing any problems with Autofill and the new Firefox, but I am seeing problems with Accessibility filling. It sounds like you're using Autofill, but could you confirm that for me? You can check by unlocking 1Password and heading to Settings > Autofill.

Would you also be able to confirm what you're seeing in the new Firefox? For example, does the 1Password prompt appear at all? If it appears, what is it that isn't right?

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

I have bot autofill and accessibility toggled to on.

The version I see now is 79.0.5 was updated Tuesday 8/18 @ 3:00 AM.

I see nothing special, 1Password prompt does not appear.

• @nargit I'm not having trouble filling in the Firefox update, and we're not able to reproduce this on our end. Are you having trouble filling in any website(s) in particular, or is it every website?

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

hello @peri it's every web site. What version of firefox mobile do you have on android ?

• @nargit I'm on 79.0.5. I've also asked some colleagues, and so far, we're all able to fill in the new Firefox app. Can you try turning off Autofill? if you do that, are you able to fill with Accessibility?

• Excellence
    Excellence
    Community Member

Hi,

I am also on 79.0.5 with a OnePlus 7T Pro and it wasn't working until I turned Autofill off and left accessibility turned on.

This is a pain since now my apps won't Autofill until this is fixed.

• @Excellence Do you happen to have DuckDuckGo, Opera Touch, or Firefox beta or nightly installed, and if so, are you able to fill into these browsers? They also support Autofill, so I wonder if you see the same issue there.

• Excellence
    Excellence
    Community Member

Hi,

@peri I don't but I have chrome and it works fine there. This started for me with the reworked version of Firefox that they have been rolling out gradually.

• Hi @Excellence, this issue has been reported and is in the process of being fixed. Hopefully you'll be able to see the fix soon, you can check out the changelog for the beta version to see if it's been released.

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Nice thx ! I get crazy with all the copy paste haha

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_preet, you are welcome @nargit! And thank you for your patience :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• @nargit I just wanted to quickly add in here that we do have a drag and drop feature that might be more convenient until the fix is released. :)

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

@ag_preet Thank for the tip! Unfortunalty it does not work on galaxy s7. No worries, I aquire some high level skill on copy pasting since Firefox broke the compatibility.

• @nargit I'm sorry to hear about that, but hopefully it'll be back to normal soon!

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We're always here to help :)

• nargit
    nargit
    Community Member

Hello, is the fix still in progress? Because so far I still have the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nargit:

The changelog shows that the fix has been implemented in 1Password for Android version 7.7:

Added support for Accessibility-based filling in the new version of Firefox that is now rolling out. {1261}

Is that the version of the app that you are running?

This discussion has been closed.