Quicken Password Vault

How can I autofill the Quicken Password Vault password from 1Password on Windows 10? So far, all I've been able to do is to find the Quicken entry in 1Password and copy the password to paste into the Quicken Password Vault password field.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.0.19042
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• 1Password isn't able to fill directly in apps, @JWadle47, but you can use drag and drop instead of copy/paste, if that's easier. I personally prefer it despite my overall preference to stick to the keyboard. It's just that much quicker to drag than go through all the keystrokes to copy/paste. And, of course, we're hoping to be able to improve this experience moving forward as we get more tools at our disposal to help 1Password be a bit smarter outside your browser. :+1:

• duck9000
    duck9000
    Community Member

The inability to work with apps is a major functional gap. Can you direct me to an article on how this drag and drop would work? How do I create an item for Quicken Vault? Once it's created, how do I drag and drop? Does this mean I have to log into the 1password website every time I use Quicken?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@duck9000:

Once you open the Quicken app, you can launch 1Password, click on the username field and drag the username to the Quicken app, without letting go of the left mouse button. You can then do the same for the password field.

Does this mean I have to log into the 1password website every time I use Quicken?

You don't need to be logged in to the 1Password website for this, but you need the 1Password app on your computer to be unlocked so you can access your Login items, and drag from there.

This discussion has been closed.