Cannot Delete Trash in Families on Web

Options
wavesound
wavesound
Community Member

We have been testing 1Password for Families on the web and we ran into an annoying bug.

We created a Document on the web and uploaded a dummy PDF and after moving it to to the trash, there is no Empty Trash option when we got to this step:

"To delete the items in the Trash, select Trash in the sidebar and click Empty Trash."

https://support.1password.com/1password-com-items/

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wavesound

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble finding how to empty the trash. I took a screenshot that highlights where this option is:

Do you see the button in that location when logged into your account? Please let me know.

Ben

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben ,

We tested this with a few clients but those two buttons do not appear. You can see my screenshot attached.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the screenshot. That is very helpful. It appears you are in the 'All Vaults' view. To empty the trash you need to select a specific vault instead. I apologize that was not made more clear. I'll speak with our documentation team and see if we can add a note about that.

Ben

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi Ben,

That’s good to hear. I think a Web UI hint would be more helpful. Is there a reason why we cannot empty the trash in All Vaults?

• Ben
    Options

@wavesound

Is there a reason why we cannot empty the trash in All Vaults?

That's a fair question. The desktop apps (e.g. 1Password for Mac) can do it, so it seems it should be technically possible. I see we have an open feature request for that, and I'll be sure to add your voice to it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.