Best recommendation on importing from multiple password programs?

Hi everybody! I have been a longtime user of the ewallet password program and have over 1,313 cards in there. In April I signed up for Lastpass and did an import. After a couple months I discovered that it didn't import all the ewallet cards. I continued using Lastpass though. Now I decided I better switch to 1Password before I get too many disjointed records which will make it extremely difficult to get to 1 program.

So, I have some recent data in Lastpass and then older data in ewallet (actually some newer data too), and I need to import them both into 1Password. I have already created the import files from both programs. I am trying to determine the correct process I should use to import both and not end up with thousands of duplicate records that I have to manually compare.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dcwebman! Welcome to the forum!

So, I have some recent data in Lastpass and then older data in ewallet (actually some newer data too), and I need to import them both into 1Password.

Are there duplicates already in these files?

• dcwebman
    dcwebman
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,
    Yes, some of the same records are in each file since I started Lastpass by importing the ewallet data there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dcwebman:

Probably the best option would be to remove the duplicates from those files already, so you can then import both of them and not worry about the cleanup later ;)

• dcwebman
    dcwebman
    Community Member

I was afraid it was going to be a manual procedure. It's too bad I couldn't import one, then when I import the other I get a prompt saying there already is a record exactly like that, and do I want to keep both or which one to keep. Thanks for the replies!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dcwebman:

1Password for Mac has a duplicate removal tool, but it works best when the duplicate items are identical. It's definitely something that you could try using, but since you have exports from two different programs, however, there might be differences and the tool might not find all duplicates.

But if you are only using Windows, then it would be best to cleanup the files before importing :+1:

This discussion has been closed.