1P Beta Won't Update To Latest Beta

HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member

Not sure what's going on, but on one of my machines, 1P is stuck at Beta-4, even though 1P is set to download betas:

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-4 (70700004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6 (19G2021)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HFTobeason!

I personally have never seen this, but I wonder if quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunching it would help. Are you able to find new updates within the app afterwards?

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

@ag_ana - Hmmm... I "Quit 1Password Completely" as you suggested, and then relaunched it. And now it's showing Beta-7 as its current version! I did not see any background update happen - it just launched Beta-7, as if the previous Beta was running even though the application itself had been updated in the background. This machine has two User accounts - and very often I'll see a notification to "update 1P" or that "1P has been updated" in one or both accounts - it's confusing enough that I turned off automatic updates today. Maybe 1P got itself confused...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

I "Quit 1Password Completely" as you suggested, and then relaunched it. And now it's showing Beta-7 as its current version!

That's great to hear! Thank you for the update :)

I don't think having two user accounts could cause this, but by all means let us know if you see this again and we can run some specific tests :+1:

This discussion has been closed.