Can't add licence file to windows (1password 7)

Hi there,

Long time user for many, many years. I've used primarily mac and linux machines, but have recently bought a new winblows machine for some extra work I need to do.

I recently purchased a 1password 7 family licence since I use it on so many devices. I installed the latest version on windows, downloaded my licence key from the email, have selected "Add licence" from the 1pass menu, and the little popup window opens... and I can see precisely nothing in any of the directories I've copied this licence file too. I can see the extension type it is looking for (and is locked to) is "1Password License Files".

On a *nix system I'd chmod it to 700 for visibility. I have used windows for a long time until today so maybe I'm doing something retarded, or maybe its this OS. Who knows. (hopefully you!).

Licence purchased under this accounts email address if that helps.

Cheers,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mcspud,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Could you please specify the version of 1Password that you installed on your PC now? Is it 1Password 7.6.780?

You can also download your license file to your PC and then double-click it in order to activate your copy of 1Password 7. This license will be stored in the Credentials Manager after that.

Let me know how it works for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mcspud
    mcspud
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Yep - can confirm - 7.6.780, latest version of everything.
    This is the file I've downloaded, perhaps it is a different licence for a mac.
    I've double clicked on it and had no luck.

Cheers.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mcspud,

It seems that you purchased a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, not for Windows. That is why you can't activate your copy of 1Password 7 for Windows.

A standalone license for 1Password 7 for Windows is sold separately. If you want to use 1Password 7 on your Windows PC, you will need to purchase it, as we no longer sell family licenses or the licenses for both platforms.

I would, however, recommend you to use 1Password account instead. When you have 1Password account, all 1Password apps for all platforms (and all future upgrades) are included in your subscription. You can learn more about it here:

About 1Password membership

Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.