Unlock with YubiKey (FIDO2)

I'd love if I could unlock 1Password (Windows, X, etc) using my YubiKey, rather than having to type in my long, complex password every single time. Is this planned at all?

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: Windows 10 v2004
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mythofechelon!

You can currently use your YubiKey as a second factor in 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Android, so hopefully we will find a way to bring the feature to other platforms in the future too ;)

• mythofechelon
    mythofechelon
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Yes, I have my YubiKey added as a second factor to my 1Password account but the Windows app still makes me enter my master password to unlock it.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mythofechelon:

Indeed, that would be expected behavior at the moment, until we implement this in 1Password for Windows too :+1: But if your goal is quicker unlocking, I should say that 1Password can work with Windows Hello, which might help you with this:

Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

• red_axe
    red_axe
    Community Member

I'm also using heavily 1password at work, were Windows Hello is deactivated. Especially for the X Plugin for Chrome I would love to see FIDO2 (not only as 2nd factor).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @red_axe,

Right now, it is not possible to use security keys instead of your Master Password. I am not sure if it is possible, but I will make sure to pass your suggestion to our team for further consideration. Thank you! :+1:

If you have other questions, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Leo_G
    Leo_G
    Community Member

Is there an update on when this feature (use of FIDO2 unlocking in MacOS, Linux and Windows) might be available?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We don't have any updates to share about this yet @Leo_G, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.