Options
2»

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hiawatha98, @clarkc:

Have you both received a ticket number already?

• wheelerwbrian
    wheelerwbrian
    Community Member
    Options

same problem. The 1`Password dropdown is unresponsive, and clicking on the icon in the Safari bar at the top of the screen does nothing. I'm up to date on all updates. In fact the dropdown is annoying as it obscures the password box on most websites so I can't see what Keychain is doing. I run both, since I can't get 1Password to work with Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wheelerwbrian:

I run both, since I can't get 1Password to work with Safari.

This might actually be what is causing the issue. We recommend disabling the browser's password manager if you use 1Password, so there is no risk of interference:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Are things working if you turn off Keychain?

• Lance_DC
    Lance_DC
    Community Member
    Options

Same issues here. Big Sur 11.4, Safari 14.1.1, 1PW7.8.6 (MacAppStore). Extension icon non responsive in extension bar, and when it opens by itself on a webpage with a password challenge, the "Unlock 1Password" button is also not responsive. The escalating guidance leading to 'reinstall OS' seems an absurd solution to a browser extension problem. Please add me to list of unhappy campers looking for a fix.

• austinhealey
    austinhealey
    Community Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

I've tried the suggestion above about turning off auto-fill for all things in Safari, restarted my Mac -- but it doesn't work, same issue persists as above -- unresponsive extension button/can't fill in anything. Submitting a ticket as suggested. This is Big Sur 11.2.3 and Safari 14.0.3.

1Password has been rock solid since its inception and I'm sure they'll get this sorted soon; we can help out by submitting some info from our end to help. I'm submitting a diagnostic report now...

• @austinhealey

My colleague Nhat, replied earlier today. Please continue the discussion through email as we take a deeper look at your setup. Thanks for submitting the report.

ref: PIA-99279-471

This discussion has been closed.