Login to 1Password but why do I have to login to 1PasswordX again?

Options

I login to 1Password, but when I use Chrome I have to login to 1PasswordX. Is there a way that I can log in to either one of these and have them connected so I don't have to log in multiple times?

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Login to 1Password but why do I have to login to 1PasswordX again?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darylfalls!

1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. It is independent from the desktop app, so that's why unlocking it is a separate process. We are however working on adding an integration to it so you only have to unlock things once ;)

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member
    Options

Oh my word yes please!

I use 1PasswordX on Firefox, with account sync turned on. This means the same extensions are installed on all of my computers; PC, Mac, and Linux - and disabling an extension on one computer disables it everywhere.

Meanwhile, I use full 1Password on my Mac, because it integrates with all browsers, and touch-ID, and all the other benefits. Fortunately the older 1Password extension still works, but until the most recent release of 1PasswordX I was cursing the annoying "Press Ctrl+, to unlock" inline menu that popped up on every text field!

Anyway, I'm ranting, sorry! Yes, please keep 1PasswordX standalone, but also allow it to silently/seamlessly integrate with full 1Password when it is installed. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haraldwithtwoehs:

Certainly, our team is already working on this :)

• HelgeFH
    HelgeFH
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any alternative login methods like NFC tag or external face cam recognition?
    The reason I ask is that the main password is entered so many times every day and it takes time.
    Would be nice if it could recognise my Oura ring that is using BLE and use that as a key.
    Thanks

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HelgeFH – We don't offer anything along those lines as of right now. We did recently introduce Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac, but that feature isn't available in 1Password X. It's good to know it's something you're interested in, though!

• mcdonna
    mcdonna
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks everyone for this clarification. I use 1Password app on my Mac all the time and it's been confusing having to type my LONG password over and over on the browser when I'm already logged in on the app and can re-login with my fingerprint most of the time. I'm going to deinstall the 1Password X extension until it is integrated with the desktop app.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully that will be soon @mcdonna :)

• panozfan
    panozfan
    Community Member
    Options

It could be great with an update on where you are on target (with Touch ID and integration with the desktop version on a Mac). I think a LOT of users are waiting on this since I don't-know-when ;)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're waiting for it anxiously here as well! :blush:

• D4vid
    D4vid
    Community Member
    Options

1password X should let me select if I want to sign in via 1password X browser extension or via 1password desktop app, because some of us just want the easiest way to get to our data without having to sign in ever again, what I mean is that every of us should be able to select how we want to login (I'm talking on windows desktop app and 1password X)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @D4vid ,
    You can definitely choose how you want to sign in by using the appropriate extension.

If you use 1Password X, you will have to enter your Master Password (at least until we release the integration feature).
    If you use our old companion extension, you will be able to unlock via Touch ID or Windows Hello: https://1password.com/browsers/

Make sure not to have both extensions enabled simultaneously.

• D4vid
    D4vid
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_yaron so you mean that you are working with your team in an integration feature between 1password X and desktop 1password?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @D4vid ,

We sure are :)
    Hopefully this feature will be released in the near future, if all goes well.

This discussion has been closed.