Random request for master password after 7.6.782 update

njitman
njitman
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Using Windows 10 2004 and 1P 7.6.782 and FF 80.0.1 and 1P standard FF add-on 4.7.5.90 (not 1PX). After this latest update, 1P seems to randomly ignore my lock settings (lock when computer is locked = disabled, lock after computer is idle for = never). Previously, I would have to enter the MP once a day, after startup and first time using 1P to get credentials. Since the update, I have been randomly asked for the MP during the day while actively working on my laptop and not closing anything (browser, signing out, desktop locking, screen saver, etc.). There is no pattern noticed yet - seems to be random.

Thanks! Pat

1Password Version: 7.6.782
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 2004
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @njitman,

Thank you for reporting this!

If you create a clean profile in your Firefox, does the issue remain there? Please let me know.

Also, did you also send an email to our support email address today? Please confirm, so we could track it down. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

I am sending the email now. Oddly, when I clicked the 1P icon in the tray to generate the diagnostic report, 1P crashed. I was able to start 1P again and send the diag report.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Now that I aware of the issue, it is crashing more frequently than originally thought. It has crashed 3 times since posting the above and it can be triggered by either clicking on the 1P icon in FF or the 1P icon in the system tray. You can tell it is going to crash as it takes about 15 seconds for the popup panel to show in FF compared to instantly opening. When it finally opens, it prompts for the password. At that time, 1P is no longer running in the system tray. If this continues, I may want to revert back to the previous version.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @njitman,

It is quite strange indeed. I believe that we have two different conversations now (here and via email), so please continue our convo via email to avoid any further confusion. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: AXQ-53886-337

This discussion has been closed.