Having trouble installing 1Password 7 on Windows 10

Options
amroots
amroots
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

is 1password not compatible with windows 10? i have downloaded, rebooted and re-downloaded 10 times. will not open... turned off all virus protection, etc.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't open 1password in windows

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amroots,

Windows 10 is fully supported by 1Password 7 for Windows and I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with it.

Could you please specify the exact steps you take to install 1Password 7 on your PC? What do you do after downloading 1Password 7 installer from our website?

1Password 7 installer doesn't have interface, so please check if you see 1Password 7 in the installed apps on your computer now. Let me know what you find. If you see it there, clarify what happens when you try to launch it.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• amroots
    amroots
    Community Member
    Options

nothing happens when i click on it in the windows start folder... a circle spins for 3 - 4 seconds & nothing opens. i am using firefox so after the download is finished, i click the download to install it. i get a dialog asking if i want to install it. i click yes, and it installs and then appears in my start folder.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amroots,

This is quite strange indeed. Do you have all available Windows updates installed on your PC?

Also, since it seems that this issue is device specific, please send us an email addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will help you resolve this issue. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• amroots
    amroots
    Community Member
    Options

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amroots,

I found your email and we will get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: SRX-85764-822

• amroots
    amroots
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, One more question - the download and installation take no time at all...maybe a total of 5 seconds. Is the file only supposed to be 10 mb? Thanks!

• @amroots that is correct, the app is small and fast to install.

• amroots
    amroots
    Community Member
    Options

okay guys... here is the event file. i hope it helps. i only copied the last 10 - 12 days worth... thx, ron
    wrong... "file format not allowed" now i'm really going crazy...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amroots:

"file format not allowed" now i'm really going crazy...

Where are you getting this error message exactly? Are you by chance trying to upload it here on the forum?

This discussion has been closed.