Firefox extension & virtual keyboard

Hi there, I'm working my way through the trial period of 1Password trying to decide if I'd like to use it.

I've read a few places (mostly on the agilebits websites) that the master keyword can be keyed in via the virtual keyboard, both via the main application, as well as via the extensions for IE & Firefox (but not Chrome).

I've found, and used, the virtual keyboard in the main 1Password application, as well as via the IE extension -- that said, there doesn't appear to be one available for Firefox...?

I decided to hold back sending screen shots in case this is a quick answer (and I did search quite a bit for an answer before submitting this).

I'm running Windows 7 x64, which is up to date and the latest version of Firefox on the release/supported channe.

Did I miss something obvious?

Cheers, Sean

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Sean! It sounds like we need to update something somewhere since all browsers use the same extension except Internet Explorer. (Internet Explorer does not support the regular extension.) There is no onscreen keyboard in the browser extension, but Internet Explorer sort of "interfaces with" the main 1Password application to provide that functionality.

One thing to keep in mind is that keyloggers can also snap screenshots when you click the onscreen keyboard, so if you have reason to think you are being logged an onscreen keyboard is not a panacea.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Yzerguy
    Yzerguy
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Thx for the feedback. FWIW, I thought I read this in a few places, but this link was the first place I read it.

Screenshot below.

Cheers, Sean

i-Pz3HKPH-X3.png
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! I'll try to get that changed.
This discussion has been closed.