1Password6 just hangs / freezes when entering the initial ( correct ) password

I am attempting to get 1Password6 back and working for my parents, I think they have accidentally installed version 7, which I have since removed. Several things seem to have happened. But basically it's bricked now. I want to get it re-working before I consider my options and perhaps buying a subscription. I had originally installed in 2013, then bought another licence in 2015. It looks/feels like it's been bricked!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud / DropBox

Comments

• I would basically like to get back to a position where my parents have a working version of 1Password 6 and then we can decide what to do. If I cannot get any answers I will go back to the market see what my options are and at worst get his old data, install onto my working version of 6, export and then re-import into another tool. I would prefer to use 1Password but at the moment his system is essentially bricked, which is never a good state to be in.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @tonythomas

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari if running
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac (1Password 6 is at the bottom)
    7. Open 1Password

Are you then able to unlock 1Password 6? Please let me know.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file