Can I sync with iCloud for Windows?

Options

I currently use dropbox to sync my devices. Given that I only use free dropbox to sync, I am limited to only three devices. I don’t want to pay for a subscription so I can sync with more devices. So I was wondering if I could use iCloud for windows to sync my vaults across all my devices. I haven’t seen anything in the support on this so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.x..x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e, thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :+1:

TL;DR: Sync via iCloud is not available on Windows.

There are two separate iCloud services that Apple provides, the iCloud Drive, which is what you see in macOS's Finder and what's available on Windows, the second is CloudKit. CloudKit is what we use in 1Password on macOS and iOS to store your 1Password data in your iCloud's private database only accessible to 1Password and you. There is no CloudKit implementation available on Windows and there is no indication that it will ever be. I hope it helps and answers your question. :)

If you don't want to use Dropbox to sync your data, you can take a closer look at 1Password membership. This way you won't need any third party services to sync your 1Password data and it is very convenient.

Let me know if you have any further questions, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.