Unlock with Apple Watch in Beta 10

edited October 9 in Mac Beta

Since I updated to Beta 10, I've not been consistently able to unlock with my Apple Watch, in Safari, Chrome, and the desktop application.

Before this update it was working fine.

If I go in and turn off the Unlock Using Apple Watch option and turn it back on, it works for that day.
The next day, the same thing again. Click the 1password logo, it's asking for my master password and there is no Apple Watch logo at the bottom.
I do have it set to require the Master Password every 1 day, but before when I would unlock for the first time of the day, but the Apple Watch is offered as an option for all times after that. This is no longer consistently happening.

Example: This morning when I started work I went to open 1Password, and it didn't prompt for the the Apple Watch.
I typed in my Master Password.
For a number of times after that throughout the day I was prompted to use the Apple Watch to successfully unlock.
Now when I try, it's back to requiring the Master Password again.

Did something change with this behavior?

1Password Version: 7.7 Beta-10
Extension Version: 70700010
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Realized instantly that I posted this in the wrong topic. Should be under Mac Beta. Sorry.

• Confirmed that dropping back to Beta 9 resolves the issue.

Also I can confirm that even on Beta 10, the Apple Watch still works for Mac-native unlock functions like entering the system password and unlocking the Mac itself. This seems to be enough to isolate the problem to something with Beta 10 specifically, and not with my Mac or Apple Watch.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@mlangsottile

Development is aware of a few issues that appeared in beta 10. Hopefully, they can get a new beta out to address those issues sooner rather than later. Yes, Apple Watch unlock seems to be one of those issues from what I have seen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file