Can 1Password do automated login upon fingerprint auth?

Options

What I mean:
I have this windows program with a login window.
eg. Roboform can attach itself to it and fill it for me.
(I guess 1Password can do that too.)
But i want to trigger the login via a fingerprint reader:
1. The form is opened
2. a person scans a finger,
3. the form is populated and the person logged in.

Can 1Password help me achieve this? (Roboform&Dashlane can't)

Or does someone know another type of software to achieve that?
I was Googling for something like a bridge between windows hello and my Program's login screen:
1. Windows Hello would do the auth. via finger, face, or whatever, using windows users.
2. The Bridge would trigger the Hello-Login the Moment the Login Window shows up, and forward the Hello-result, aka username&PW to the login-form and submit it.
(My software has support to get credentials from an AD Server, so some kind of Integration with Windows ID Management is already given, but the Manufacturer said Fingerprint login is not possible.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sirtet,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

I do not believe that you will be able to achieve what you want with 1Password.

Yes, 1Password supports Windows Hello, but there are certain limitations of what we can do. For example, when you click Windows Hello button in 1Password 7 for Windows or 1Password companion extension, we simply ask Windows to authenticate you with Hello. At that point, the process is handed off to your operating system and Windows does its thing. We do not have any control over what happens after you click that Windows Hello button. Moreover, you will always have to unlock 1Password first with your Master Password, but for the rest of that computer session, you can use Windows Hello. Once 1Password is terminated or the computer is shut down, you'll have to unlock with the Master Password first before Windows Hello can be used again.

In addition to that, Auto-Type, a feature that would allow you to fill your credentials in other Windows apps (where you have sign in forms), is not available in the current version of 1Password for Windows yet. Right now you can only drag & drop your username and passwords from 1Password 7 and 1Password mini to other Windows apps where you have sign-in forms (as described and shown here. It is convenient, but I am afraid that this is not what you are looking for and you won't be able to automate it.

Please let me know if it helps and answers your question. If you have any further questions on this matter, we are always ready to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.