1Password QR Code Scanner not working

Options

Hello everyone,

I just got my 1password and I noticed that when I tried to scan a QR Code using the Scanner option, the window didn't appear.
I checked my privacy settings and it doesn't appear under the category "Camera".

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SirFulgeruL,

There is no Scanner window in 1Password 7 for Windows, From my screen option scans the QR code right from your screen, no matter where you have it:

Also, if you want to add your account to 1Password 7 for Windows, there is an easy way to do it and it doesn't include a QR code. Here is how:

1) Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in your browser.

2) Click your name in the top right, select Get the Apps, and then click the blue button under step two that says Already have the app? Add your account directly. Allow this link to open 1Password for Windows.

3) That will fill all of your sign-in credentials in 1Password 7 for Windows, except your Master Password. Enter your Master Password, click Sign In.

Let me know how it works for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• SirFulgeruL
    SirFulgeruL
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Greg,

thank you for your help. I saw on google a video with the 1password scanner but it was on macOS and thought it might be the same for windows.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SirFulgeruL, sorry for the confusion! We want to make 1Password experience more consistent across platforms, so please stay tuned.

If you have other questions regarding 1Password for Windows, I will be happy to help. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.