Selecting and printing or exporting to a csv file or similar

I have read and agree with all the comments about not jeopardising security by printing out 1P data. However, like many of us, I have a better half who doesn't quite see things the same way. She has asked me for a list of all her log-in data and believe me, explaining to her that this is not a wise move is, to mis-quote Rabelais, "farting against thunder".

I have tagged all her log-ins so I can select them easily. Now I have two options: the first is laboriously create a hand written list or excel spreadsheet or export them. The export option creates a file which while readable in Notepad is essentially gibberish.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42, I hope you and your better half are doing good. :+1:

You are able to export your data to a .CSV file, as described here. This .CSV is readable by Excel, so could you please give it a try and let me know if it works for you?

If I am off the mark here, please correct me. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks Greg. I had not realised that when exporting one could select a format. I thought that 1pif was the only option.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: You are very welcome! :)

Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Engine42
    Engine42
    Community Member

Hi Greg-
    I too would like to export all passwords to a csv file. I have followed the threads (i think), but I'm not able to select and save items for export. The tread speaks to "1Password 7" and "1Password 4". How do I know what I have? I have tryed both, without any luck.
    Thanks,
    Gregg

• @Engine42, can you make sure you're following the instructions exactly as they're written here?

Likewise, you can find the version numbers of 1Password, the extension, and your operating system by following this guide: https://support.1password.com/cs/version/

• Engine42
    Engine42
    Community Member

Blake- Issue resolved! no additional action required. Thanks so much.

• Hey @engine42, I'm glad to hear that the guides @Blake shared were helpful! :smile: Feel free to reach out if we can assist with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.