Question 1P/Mac newbie Q: how to use my 1P logins in multiple user accts on my iMac? (Dropbox?

fendertweed
fendertweed
Community Member
edited July 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
pardon a probably dumb q, but I'm new (2 mos.) to Mac after 20+ PC years, and new to 1P ...

I installed 1P on my Admin account on my iMac. Want to run it also from the Std. user account (which was created after I installed apps including 1P in the Admin Acct) but it won't let me install the 1P data there.

Running Setup Assistant from the Std. User account, I can't find the 1P Agile keychain in my Admin acct as an "existing" one when I'm logged into the Std. account.

How can I do this so I can use my 1P logins in the Std. User Acct.?

I copied the Agile keychain into the Std. account's home folder but both before & after I did that, when trying to get 1P to work in the Std Account I get an error message that the data is damaged/corrupted etc.

[Edited} --->I 've viewed the agile tutorials so I think I understand on a practical level how to use the dropbox & keychain, so thanks for any help you can supply or point me to.

I have installed DropBox in my Admin acct and the Agile keychain is now in there ... what next?

Jon:oops:

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    Welcome the the forum, Jon!

Simply make sure 1Password in both accounts points to the same .agilekeychain file. You can do this by double-clicking on the file.

BTW, there is also a great video by Macworld on how to configure 1Password and Dropbox:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/146533/2010/02/1password_dropbox.html
  • fendertweed
    fendertweed
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    Welcome the the forum, Jon!

Simply make sure 1Password in both accounts points to the same .agilekeychain file. You can do this by double-clicking on the file.

BTW, there is also a great video by Macworld on how to configure 1Password and Dropbox:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/146533/2010/02/1password_dropbox.html

Thanks! I saw that video, I think, but will go back & re-check it.

Eureka! ... as they say.

What didn't work before (trying to point to the keychain file that I copied into my Dropbox folder in the Std Account) just worked and the install went through & integrated 1P into Firefox. Thanks!

Jon
This discussion has been closed.