Membership for Two / Pairs / Couples

edited October 2020 in Memberships

Hi,

currently I am using the personal subscription.
This is okay for me. My wife now is interested in 1pw as well.
Another personal subscription? Nonsense and too expensive. Families subscription? Too much and as such also too expensive.

Why not introducing a Two / Pairs / Couples subscription? For e.g. 3.50$ / 3€.

Would be an interesting option. The available options are not well suited for couples ...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @basurerito

1Password Families is less expensive than two individual memberships. It also gives you the ability to include a few guests at no additional cost, e.g. if you have family visiting who you want to share the WiFi password with. :)

Share with guests in 1Password Families

I'm not aware of any plans to offer additional types of membership at this point, but I'll let the team know of the suggestion. :)

Ben

• Hi @Ben

Family plan is roughly 66€ (next year ~68€) .. as we'd use it for two persons only, it's way too expensive.
    That's what I meant. Sure it is cheaper than two single subscriptions.

She will stick with KeepassXC for now as this is working for her (that's where I migrated from to 1password).

Seems we will look for alternatives after my first year.

Thanks

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Understood. Thanks for sharing your perspective with us. :)

Ben

• davet65davet65 Junior Member

I see this discussion is almost a year old, but I want to put in my support for a "Couples" membership at a cost between Single and Family. Makes sense to me.

I have Single and my wife uses her browser password manager because she has relatively few occasions to sign in to sites on her iPhone, so she will typically use "my" Single on our shared computer. I seems to me it would be mutually beneficial to capture people like me with a Couples membership option.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @davet65

1Password Families is already priced less than the cost of 2X individual memberships, and as such I don't anticipate there being room between them to create another level.

For your use case... is there any data that you do not wish to share with each other? If not, you're more than welcome to share an individual membership. If each of you do need to have some data be private then 1Password Families would be the way forward. We'd be happy to discuss in more depth if you'd like. I'd encourage you to reach out to our team at [email protected] outlining your needs and we can help point you in the right direction. :)

Ben

• davet65davet65 Junior Member

Ben, As usual, 1Password support is right there; thanks.

We can certainly "share an individual membership" as we have no need for private passwords. I did not know I could do that. The only device that would be added to my single membership would be her iPhone. Current device list is my iPhone, iMac and iPad, all working now. Is the process embarrassingly simple so that you can Reply here, or should I contact [email protected]?

Many thanks.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@davet65

You can add 1Password to your wife's iPhone using these instructions:

Get the 1Password apps

I hope that helps!

Ben

• DenalBDenalB
    edited July 18

We can certainly "share an individual membership" as we have no need for private passwords.

Same with me. Actually I use my individual account on the devices of my wife, daughter and son. They are not able (no offense) to use such a password manager on their own, and I don't want them to use their browsers to save passwords. We are fine with this. Maybe we have to think about a family account when kids are old enough to have their own passwords. ;)

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

That's what I did. My 11yo son has gotten quite accustomed to generating passwords now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file