How to use 1Password to login to Windows account from lock screen?

Options

My work requires updating our password to something long and complicated every 90 days which is a perfect opportunity to use a password manager, only problem is I dont want to manually type the generated password 1password gives me, ideally there needs to be a easy way to enter that password without typing it in. Can this be done on Windows 10?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @sguergachi 👋

1Password at it's core is still like any other piece of software installed onto your machine when it comes to it's basic operation. Meaning that launching the 1Password for Windows app would require you to be able to login to the user-profile where it's installed, first and foremost, and even then, you'd still need to unlock 1Password with your Master Password once you've done that, and that all happens before you even have access to your data stored within 1Password.

While I could certainly see how handy this could be, just those facts alone makes it impossible for 1Password to operate in a way where it could help you login to a machine itself. I hope you understand!

This discussion has been closed.