Commonwealth Bank autofill

aristedes
aristedes
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Autofill is not working on their redesigned site. Firefox, OSX.

https://www1.my.commbiz.commbank.com.au

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @aristedes ,

Can you please let us know the which version of the 1Password extension are you using? And what is the version of the 1Password desktop app you have installed?

Also, what exactly isn't autofilling on this page? The username? The password? The token field?

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Current version of 1 password. The password doesn't autofill.

Please take 30 seconds to click on the link I provided and try it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021

The reason I'm asking these details is because we're currently offer two very different extensions for browsers, so I need to know which extension you are using in order to replicate the issue just like it occurs on your computer, so I won't provide you with suggestions that are irrelevant to you, @aristedes .

I tested the website with the 1Password X extension and it autofills the username and password, but not the token since it is another password field, is that the issue you are referring to?

ref: dev/core/core#1439

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Ah, I see. I'm using the standalone 1Password application since I find the Firefox 1PasswordX plugin too intrusive (and I need 1Password most of the time to complete terminal passwords and things outside the browser).

The username/password are filled but then immediately cleared.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the clarification @aristedes .

I tested on Firefox with the companion extension and things seem to work correctly here. Do you perhaps have any other extensions installed in your Firefox? If so, try disabling them all except for 1Password, then relaunch Firefox and see if you can still reproduce the issue.

Are you using Private browsing? That might also be related so let me know.

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

I don't think it is Firefox related since Chrome also doesn't work. You can see it filling the fields and then immediately clearing.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @aristedes ,
    Thanks for reporting back. I was able to reproduce the issue and filed it internally.

Please keep in mind that 1Password Classic (the standalone version) will no longer receive updates, so the fix would only be available in the newer 1Password in the browser (formerly known as 1Password X).

ref: dev/core/core#8642

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Does that mean we'll no longer be able to use 1Password for non-browser passwords without having to launch a browser? That's a shame that I need to look for a new tool.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You can still use 1Password in the same manner that you have been using it so far @aristedes .

I just noted that if you are using 1Password Classic, know that it is on its final version and will no longer receive updates with new features/fixes, as our main development focus currently is the newer 1Password extension in the browser. Everything will keep working for you as it did so far if you stick to the old 1Password Classic extension :)

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Any progress on having 1Password work with Australia's largest bank?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @aristedes, sorry!

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Does 1Password have any intention of supporting the largest bank in Australia?

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

@aristedes not sure what version you are using but it auto fills fine for me on Chrome and Edge.

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

You went to https://www1.my.commbiz.commbank.com.au/Business/login and were able to fill the username/password fields? I cannot make it happen on Firefox or Chrome on OSX.

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

@aristedes - yep - I have it working fine on Edge with macOS 12.3. Works on Windows as well.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@aristedes I wasn't able to get the filling to work in Chrome but let me try updating my macOS to see if that makes a difference. In the meantime, I can add your comment here to our internal ticket for filling on the Commonwealth Bank site. That will give the issue more weight, and hopefully there will be a permanent solution in the future.

ref: dev/core/core#3596

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Thanks. Pretty much no one is using Edge on OSX, so this would be great.

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

Thanks. Pretty much no one is using Edge on OSX, so this would be great.

@aristedes

Internal figures we see - roughly 13% of macOS based traffic is from Edge - I wouldn't say that's 'pretty much no one'

• aristedes
    aristedes
    Community Member

Edge has globally under 10% share across all desktop platforms including Windows. I reckon your stats might be a little wonky or you are looking at a very particular demographic. https://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/desktop/worldwide/#monthly-202102-202202

Anyhow, it would be great to resolve this is the most common browsers people are using for the largest bank in Australia and their primary user portal.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey all, I have some good news! Our developers have a fix for the filling issue at https://www1.my.commbiz.commbank.com.au. The fix has not yet been released publicly, but hopefully that will be soon. To get the latest updates and fixes, please install our beta extension: https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-extension

Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.